Microsoft today released Microsoft Edge Dev Channel Build 79.0.309.5. This update only contains a bunch of bug fixes as prepare for the next Beta updates.
Microsoft Edge Dev team also said that there a known issues in this which will cause Microsoft Edge launches into a White blank screen. Read the official workaround from Microsoft Edge Dev team below :
There are two possible causes. If you launch another window and it’s fine, you shouldn’t ever see the issue again. However, if subsequent windows are also blank, you’ll have to disable Application Guard in order to get Edge back into a working state.
Microsoft Edge dev team is planning to fixes this problem by releasing another update later this week.
What’re fixes on Microsoft Edge Dev Build 79.0.309.5
- Fixed a crash when logging into the browser.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashes after completing the first run experience.
- Fixed a hang during the first run experience.
- Fixed an issue where the theme sometimes changes unexpectedly after the first run experience.
- Fixed some issues with Application Guard windows not successfully opening.
- Disabled hardware acceleration in Application Guard windows to prevent them from hanging on certain machines.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpages don’t open in Application Guard windows even though they should.
- Fixed an issue where files that should be downloaded in Application Guard windows aren’t.
- Fixed an issue where an extra “Work” browser profile gets automatically created for some users (note that this may not remove the extra profile; a future fix will ensure that).
- Fixed an issue where the Mac Touch Bar sometimes doesn’t show the proper content.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings page constantly shows “looking for updates” without ever completing.
- Fixed an issue where certain settings are changeable even when they’re disabled.
- Fixed an issue where certain settings that are supposed to be enabled by default are disabled after performing a settings reset.
- Fixed an issue where the Delete button does not appear next to downloads that have been blocked by SmartScreen.
- Fixed an issue where the warning not to close the browser because a download is in progress appears even though the user isn’t downloading anything.
- Fixed an issue where websites that are blocked by SmartScreen aren’t removed from history.
- Improved scrolling behavior on the new tab page.
- Fixed some issues with the PDF toolbar’s hiding behavior.
- Fixed an issue where switching between IE mode tabs and non-IE mode tabs leaves webpages at the wrong zoom level on certain devices.
- Fixed an issue where no sites open in IE mode tabs when a certain combination of IE mode policies is applied.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips in Collections all say “collection content” instead of the actual content.
- Fixed an issue where certain print preview content is hard to read in dark theme.
You can manually check for updates if your Edge doesn’t update automatically by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Microsoft Edge after that Microsoft Edge will check for updates automatically and install it if an update is available.