Source: Windows Latest.
Microsoft has released an optional cumulative update KB4512941 for Windows 10 1903. This means this update will be Shipped to your computer when you manually press “Download” and Install now” option.
According to Microsoft, this update doesn’t contain any known issues but, some users are now facing a serious problem after installing this update.
“Cortana is consistently running above 35% CPU usage and 150 MB memory as reported by Task Manager, for at least one day now. Despite this fact, using the Search button next to the Start Menu pops up a dialog that will not display any items upon entering any search query, even after waiting for several minutes,” another user complained about the CPU usage on Feedback Hub.
After installing this update, when you clicked on the search button beside the start button, it only will show the blank screen while users not entering any search queries.
Some users give a solution to fix this problem such as deleting a registry key. To use this solution, you must be careful because editing or deleting the wrong registry key will bring you to more problems. You can follow the step below carefully to fix this problem by deleting a registry key :
- Press Win + R and type regedit.
- Press Enter.
- On Registry Editor, head to “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search”
- Right-click on a registry key named BingSearchEnabled and select modify
- Change the Registry value to 0.
If you’re not familiar with the registry editor or afraid to play with the registry editor, you can uninstall this update by following the step below :
- Open Settings.
- Select Update & Security option.
- Click on View Update History option.
- On the next screen, select the uninstall updates link.
- Select the update (KB4512941), and then click the “Uninstall” button.
Microsoft has’nt acknowledge the problems with this update.
Screenshots: DefinitelyYou on Reddit.